Monday, April 20, 2009

This weekend was an exciting one around here. With a visit from dear friends, beautiful weather for being outside, church rummage sales and a birthday party..we were joyfully busy!

I mentioned that I would post some of the birthday gifts I made for Sonika. First, this is the little buttercup child I made based on the pattern in The Nature Corner. I was so happy with this! I think she turned out quite sweetly and buttercups ARE one of Sonika's favorites...

These dollies were the first ever dolls I made at a doll-making workshop at the Halton Waldorf School back in 2005. The faces of both had been drawn on in marker (ack...it was heartbreaking at the time..but when a 3 year-old wants her doll to wear facepaint....), and were generally grungy from years of love. I decided finally to take the heads right of and apply new outer fabric for the face. I have to say, this was one of the most fulfilling projects I've done in a while! I have made a lot of improvement in the are of doll heads and faces in the intervening 4 years since I first made these dolls, and it shows! I wish I had a before and after....alas you'll have to settle for the cute after shots.....

No comments: