Tuesday, March 31, 2009

hard days

Our family has recently received some bad news..my husband's sister (and one of my closest friends) was in a serious car accident on the weekend. She will be okay, but will be in the hospital for a while and will have to have a few surgeries to repair some shattered bones. We spent the day at the hospital today. I wanted to bring her something special. My obvious first thought was..some needles and yarn! This, however is a highly inappropriate gift for someone who cannot move their right arm. After looking about, I figured out the perfect gift..one of my recently made hand-potted mugs. It is far from perfect, as it is only my first attempt, but, she loves handmade pottery, and has a special thing for mugs, so I hope it will brighten her days just a little bit.
I love you Tina.

No comments: